lundi 1 novembre 2010

High School Of The Dead : When Horror Meet Anime




Early this summer I discovered a great anime adapted from a great manga. High School Of The Dead first aired on July 5th and I think I watched it for the first time the week after. Hopefully for me, since only one episode couldn't give me enough of that horror thrill I was craving for at the time!




At first, I didn't really had great expectation towards an horror/ecchi anime, but quite surprisingly, H.O.T.D. proved me wrong. The whole fight for survival with the clash between the different personalities of the protagonists during the 12 episodes make you ask for more. They all have their own motivations to survive, with the whole apocalyptic plot-line unfolding in the background, sometime including some event that got no links to the storyline but does add to the whole description of how deep the world is engulfed in zombie shit.

The girls does look like what you would expect from a standard horror hentai, but the gore and the unstoppable amount of blood, limbs and even more blood sprouting from every direction makes you forget about those Triple-Ds boobies. There's also a small romance story between some of the main protagonist, nothing too serious, since I think that would ruin the whole concept of fight for survival. You can't get too attached to people in a situation like that. It's also a lot about sacrifice.

Personally, everything revolving around the ecchi style ain't really my cup of tea. It really isn't. But there's always one exception to every rule. HighSchool Of The Dead is that exception.

Enjoy it.
It's worth it!

The Social Geek.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire