mardi 2 novembre 2010

BLEACH : Let's talk about an addiction...



I've only really got into BLEACH about over a year ago. Before that, I had seen couple OVAs, watched an episode there and there once in a while, killed an hour or so with a manga, but never really got into it as much as I am right now.

It all started when I got really sick last year, with 2 weeks of sick leave, stuck at home with a brand new LED TV with a computer hooked to it. I was wondering what could I do to kill the upcoming day, and I was really sick, so no one could come hang out with me...

BLEACH!

I remembered how great it did killed my time when I was bored, so I decided to start straight from the beginning and watch every arc until I had watched every released episode.... Thank god I had those 2 weeks to do it! I was literally glued to my TV, watching episode after episode.

From the beginning where Ichigo discover what a Shinigami is to the present arc where Aizen with his Espadas fights against the Captains and the Vizoreds, the storyline always drags you in, discovering new powers and abilities in every character, revealing their swords or other tricks. The fighting scenes are great too! I'm sure its what make BLEACH one of the most popular anime around.

The additions of anime-only story arc is another great addition, with more side-stories to the whole sage. You have to face it, BLEACH is now more than a standard serie, its a complete saga. With 2 OVAs and 3 movies, it's one of the most profitable anime franchise around. And the multitude of characters does help the viewer/reader to identify himself as one of the protagonist. From the womanizing Shunsui Kuoraky, the sick and weak but fun-loving Jushiro Ukitake, the stern Soi Fong or the strange and funny looking Kisuke Urahara, everyone can find their own favorite, making it one of the most easy anime to get into. The author, Tite Kubo, like to say that Shunsui Kuoraky is a reflection of himself. I doubt that. I'm that guy. Gotcha?

Tite Kubo is a great storyteller and a great artist too. The whole serie design is simply amazing!
I'm about to go watch the new episode since it got subbed last night (and my japanese is far from what I wish it could be!) and I simply can't wait.

The Social Geek.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire