lundi 22 novembre 2010

Flashes From The Past / Patlabor.






When was the first time you saw Mecha-genre anime? I can recall mine from back in the 90's. The canadian cartoon channel used to air Patlabor : Mobile Police once in a while and during Xmas time play one or two of the OVAs. I kinda forget about that until last year, I started watching the serie again, from the beginning and put the OVA where they belong in the whole storyline. It was probably what help me go through a rough period I faced last year when one of my friend died.

It does sound lame. Instead of looking to my friends or family for support in time of distress, I watched anime and stayed home. But it felt great. It reminded me of all the great time we had and how awesome my childhood was with my friends watching awesome robots. I didn't understand everything back in the day from Patlabor, I was mostly looking for the action scenes. But now, with age, I see the whole story unfolding before my eyes, the more intricate facts that I couldn't grasp then.

I'm still a Gundam fan at heart, but Patlabor is so well directed, the art is simply amazing and I could compare it to a good bottle of wine. It does age pretty well. The dates are a bit out-of-phase now, but I disregard it like I would disregard the dates on a Jules Verne story.

Today, I asked Mark from BIGPFEIFFER to order me a MG kit of the Ingram from Patlabor. I would like to see one looking at my Gundams with the signature police shotgun. It would add a bit of diversity to all those beam sabers and other futuristic weapons.

And visit the guys from BIGPFEIFFER on their website. If you're in the Halifax region, they'll help you find whatever you need in anime goodies. I can say now that from now on, I'll try to buy less stuff from online retailers, Sakura Media, Amazon.ca or whatever else and order from those guys. They have a wicked service and are friendly as hell. It's not a free ad, just pure honesty.

On that?

I'll keep you posted on more later this week.

The Social Geek.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire