mercredi 8 décembre 2010

My Sci-Fi "Must Read" Booklist / PART 2.

It's time for PART 2 of my AWESOME list of Sci-Fi books to read!

So let's start where I left....

Richard Matheson - I Am Legend.
-Don't get fooled by the movie, the book is like 20 times better.

Arthur C. Clarke - 2001 and the sequels.
-The movie is one of my favorite, but you can only understand how deep and how majestic the story Arthur C. Clarke wrote by reading his books for one end to the other.

Various Authors - The Horus Heresy Saga
-Inspired from the lore of Warhammer 40,000, the multiples authors being published at The Black Library have done an amazing work telling the story of the Primarchs, the rebellion of the one above the others and how twisted a man mind can be. There's more books getting published as we talk, so keep an eye for those books!

Bernard Werber - His whole work.
-I will never get enough of this guy. His writing is simply spectacular. It's hard to seclude him into the Sci-Fi category, but his books are the ones you can recommend to anybody. I still think that The Ants are his masterpiece.

Orson Scott Card - Ender's Game
-This book, can't be qualified. It explore the most dark areas of the human mind, but also how much humanity can be wrong AND right. After reading it, I had to sit for a while and think about what this guy made me discover about myself. The fact that humanity is lying to children to reveal them after the atrocity of their acts, astounded me. It could be real....

Jules Verne - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
-My grandmother bought me this book last summer, since they were doing a reprint of the original edition with all the illustrations. She gave it to me at the beginning of my summer leave, and I ended up spending hours on the deck at my cottage reading it while suntanning and drinking Iced Tea and Coronas. The story was written way before man could build or even discovered the technical skills needed to create a submarine, but Mr. Verne explained most of the principles, and some of them still apply in today's subs! A great mind!


That should do it I think. I'll eventually come back with a part 3 to this, but I've read so much sci-fi since high school, that I might have to go back to some, to give you more titles to read. Anyway. If you're really into it, read those. It will keep you busy for, at least, a couple months!

The Social Geek.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire